- Before you look online for local listings or ask a friend for a recommendation, it’s important to assess the job. Make a list of what needs to be painted and where, and include any preparation that will be needed. This will help the painter estimate an accurate quote.
- Collect quotes from at least three different painters and, if possible, have them visit your home to view the job in person. It’s important that they quote for all aspects, including any prep.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Who will be responsible for moving furniture, covering it up, and cleaning up afterward? Is their work guaranteed? Is the painter insured? Can they provide references for previous jobs? What is their proposed schedule?
- Check to see who’s providing the paint. If they are, ask them if they are using Dulux paint.
- Finally, trust your instincts. A good professional painter should be neat, on time, business-like and courteous, and prepared to answer questions and offer suggestions. They should be as passionate about your decoration project as you are.
In order to contact you with personalised commercial messages, we will create profiles and analyse your interactions with us. For this purpose, we will look at your personal data such as:
your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address and physical address;
your shopping history, both online (if you link your purchases to your profile) and offline (when making an offline purchase); and
the links you click in our e-mails.
This way, we learn about your interests and can ensure that we provide you with the information and promotions that are of the most interest to you. We may also ask you for your opinion about our products and services.
If you don’t want to receive any more messages or if you want to opt-out of a particular form of communication with us (for example SMS, E-mail or regular mail), just follow the steps in that specific communication.